338 edge and rl33

dirtking

So I have been reading people are getting very good velocities and good accuracy. Is this powder slowly becoming the "go to powder" for the 338 edge? My build should be done about a month and h1000 is hard to find right now. RL33 is alilttle bit easier to find.

Thanks

I bought 4 lbs and can't wait to try it. Just got the new Manners stock in and Nightforce rings and bases. Now just gotta bed and assemble it all on my barreled action. I was getting 2800 fps with 91 gr H1000 and getting 3 firings. Hopefully the 33 will give me some more velocity with killing the cases

I'm kinda in the same boat. Have a manners stock waiting for my barreled action. I will be ordering the Bertram brass from Shawn this next week. Let me know how the RL33 works out for you.

the RL 33 has been working awesome for me. getting g 15+ firings with Bertram brass in the rifle..!!! now if I could just find more powder!!! sometimes I hate the internet lol.. your best kept secrets don't stay that way long lol!!!! if u find some let Mr know need another 8-16lbs

kasey

What load are you using in Bertram brass Kasey? I was just going to try some in mine so it's always nice to have a starting point.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.