338-300RUM

Hey Soldier, you sure do look cute in your party dress, I will bring the Scotch and Cigars you bring that wonderful disposition. Diablo 2 Out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Shawn, great discussion as ussual.

I get 3350 FPS out of my 28" walk-around rifle, with the 225 gr NAB in front of 102 gr Re-25. But that is the top end with regards to velocity.

I would have used the 300 gr SMK up front in the load process, but due to things having serious fangs up here, I opted for the NAB.

Either way, dead is dead... right?

Another topic: Anybody here got a super sweet load in 338-378 (Accumark Standard) (225 NAB) for my buddy?

Seabass I'll see you in the store today if you're there, if not then on Sunday.

[ QUOTE ]
I would have used the 300 gr SMK up front in the load process, but due to things having serious fangs up here, I opted for the NAB.

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldja please explain the above thinking? I finally got my 338 RUM shooting the way it should and had to go to 300 SMKS to get it. (2730MV, great accuracy and comfortable to shoot)

I figured this would allow me to turn the Ruger #1 375 H&H into a safe queen.

All of this thinkin' is because the griz is about to be delisted in the my neighborhood. No that it makes much difference other than the numbers of 'em continue to grow.

Roy.

I am... and have been a die hard SMK freak. But the NABs have me perplexed at how accurate they are in my 338-300.

3350 FPS into a bug hole at 100 yds, and into 2.25" at 600 yards. All out of a much modified M700 at a mere 11 lbs hunting set-up.

v/r

Ok, I understand.....

I couldn't get the bug hole groups until I went with the 300 SMK. Any 225 (haven't tried NABs) or 250 gr bullet was minute of deer/elk etc. The SMKs are minute of rock chuck in my rifle.

Roy, i finally got my "sexy" 33/300 shooting today, at least with a stock on it. i broke the barrel in last week holding the barreled action. so today i eyeballed boresighted it and took a shot at 100.was about 4 high, actually i was attempting to be a little high, and 2 left. made some corrections and set a target at 400 where i'll probably be zeroed. touched 3 off, got in the truck and drove over to the quarry because i couldn't see the holes. all i can say is when i saw 3 holes within 1.5" of each other,i probably looked like i swallowed a banana sideways.

when shawn tells you to try 92 gr of 1000 with a 250 primer,take it to the bank!

The Lost River bullets shoot great in my 300 RUM haven't tried them in my .338/300. One thing about these bullets in my rifle they are real o.a.l. sensitive and shorter to get the great groups...

[ QUOTE ]
Roy, i finally got my "sexy" 33/300 shooting today, at least with a stock on it. i broke the barrel in last week holding the barreled action. Not one for patience-eh? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif so today i eyeballed boresighted it and took a shot at 100.was about 4 high, actually i was attempting to be a little high, and 2 left. made some corrections and set a target at 400 where i'll probably be zeroed. touched 3 off, got in the truck and drove over to the quarry because i couldn't see the holes. all i can say is when i saw 3 holes within 1.5" of each other,i probably looked like i swallowed a banana sideways.Roger that!

when shawn tells you to try 92 gr of 1000 with a 250 primer,take it to the bank! And "Roger" this too

[/ QUOTE ]

A super shootin' 338 Cal. swells ones chest, head and confidence. Wished I'd of discovered it years ago.

Sure do hope you enjoy it Dave...

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.