338-300 RUM Improved

7ultra

Does anybody know if there are reamers and dies out currently for a 338-300 RUM with an improved shoulder of, lets say 35-40 degrees. I know you can find 338-300 dies pretty readily, just wondering if anyone has any experience with an improved version. Any suggestions?

A gunsmith with a last name of Romain is building something just like that and calling it the 338 Tomahawk.

My version is called the 338 Mystic. I used a 338 RUM AI reamer run deeper for the 300RUM case. Then the throat is custom cut to meet my bullet needs.

You can get the same reamer I used from MidwayUSA but you will need to get a throated to seat the 300gr MK out where they belong.

Jerry

I don't know if you are still interested or not, I just had a gun built and it would seem to be very similar to the 338 Mystic. It is chambered for a 300rum necked up to 338. Fireforming gives it a 40degree shoulder and it's capacity is 117.5gr water compared to113.5 gr water in the unformed case with the 30degree shoulder.
I have the reamer which has one chambering on it and Neil Jones will be making the dies based on my fired cases.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.