• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

308 win rifle

SamuelBerryhill308

I'm looking for a 308 win factory or Ackley version. Looking for 20 to 24 inch barrel rifle.would like for 308 to be threaded but doesn't have to be bull barrels or carbonfiber wrap are good as well. I would like a 5r,,ltr or aac-sd,,xcr model.also looked at few others makes and models just let me know what you may have

Last edited:
FYI...not for sale but:

I have an LTR and XCR tactical in 20".
The LTR is still in the factory HS stock and XCR is now in a Manners.
They are basically the same B/A except the LTR is CM and parkerized and the XCR is stainless with trynite coating.
Both are 12 twist

My 700 PSS has a 24" 11.25 twist 5R barrel.

All are very good factory shooters with handloads.

A friend has the AAC-SD with a 20" 10 twist barrel that shoots very well.

Just describing the differences.

FYI...not for sale but:

I have an LTR and XCR tactical in 20".
The LTR is still in the factory HS stock and XCR is now in a Manners.
They are basically the same B/A except the LTR is CM and parkerized and the XCR is stainless with trynite coating.
Both are 12 twist

My 700 PSS has a 24" 11.25 twist 5R barrel.

All are very good factory shooters with handloads.

A friend has the AAC-SD with a 20" 10 twist barrel that shoots very well.

Just describing the differences.
Thank you for the info

I have a Savage heavy barrel model 10 in 308 that I would sell. About 100 rounds through it.
C6D43D63-2E7D-40BF-88C5-96E541B055CB.jpeg

I have a Savage heavy barrel model 10 in 308 that I would sell. About 100 rounds through it.
View attachment 423416
That was my first 308 and I loved that rifle. I would shoot 1/2-3/4 MOA all day with factory Hornady ammo. I wish I kept it but I sort of donated it to a kids program so I'm hoping karma is on my side.

I have an older Remington 700 BDL, the classic wood stock model, with a custom heavy blued barrel. It's not just a heavy barrel but a HEAVY barrel. I believe it is 20", but I'll have to measure it. Its a one hole shooter with FGMM ammo. It has a Leupold Mark IV scope that could go with the rifle or not.

If this might be of interest to you, I can get you some pics and we could discuss a price.