308 Win. 155 gr. Berger VLD Loads?

Nimrodmar10

Just bought a new Remington 700 SPS Tactical rifle in 308 Winchester. Trying to find some loads for it. I loaded some Berger 190 gr. VLDs in it and they shot very good. That was the only weight VLD I had on hand in a 30 cal. I think these bullets are too heavy for what I have in mind so I picked up a box of Berger 155 gr. VLDs. I'll probably start out with either Varget or IMR-4064 but I'm open to experience advice whenever I can get it. If you've got a good load for this bullet I'd appreciate suggestions.

Just bought a new Remington 700 SPS Tactical rifle in 308 Winchester. Trying to find some loads for it. I loaded some Berger 190 gr. VLDs in it and they shot very good. That was the only weight VLD I had on hand in a 30 cal. I think these bullets are too heavy for what I have in mind so I picked up a box of Berger 155 gr. VLDs. I'll probably start out with either Varget or IMR-4064 but I'm open to experience advice whenever I can get it. If you've got a good load for this bullet I'd appreciate suggestions.

You might try;
Varget {46.3grs} Fed 210M primer, Lapua case. 155gr Berger it's running at 2966 fps from a 30" barrel with sub .50" three shot groups.

For me the Berger 155's do best at about 2940. I use varget 47.0 gr in Lapua brass with Federal primers,about .010 off the lands.Krieger 10 twist barrel about 28".

I've found that 46.0 gr. Varget and CCI BR2 with WIN brass works well in several .308s I've loaded for. Velocity is always around 2850. I've loaded hotter, but this always seems to work well.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.