308 Varget 165 Grain Accubond Starter Load

Go to the Nosler reloading data page
I've had best luck with Varget and RL15 myself but the .308 is a pretty forgiving cartridge Follow normal "work up" protocol and you'll find happiness.
Good luck!

I have done Node testing with ES and SD, seating depth and ended up wasting a lot of components with not much to show for groups. Funny, just shot three different loads 5 grains apiece in 270 and found 2 good load groups only using about 20 rounds of ammo.

308 Win. With 165gr Accu. Always liked this combo, mine is shooting Fed. brass
fed 210m.primer, 44.6grs Varget.
C.o.a.l. 2.825, 24" barrel, just under 2800fps. Please work up.
This is a very good load. The 2.8"+- COAL is generally mag length for a lot of rifles, so a very good place to start. I am loading 168 A-Max for a Ruger American compact rifle. Shoots Federal Match ammo great (for a rifle of this caliber) thus far. So seating depth is set at mag length. Powder load is somewhere between 43 and 47 grains of Varget for that bullet/rifle. This might be the most fun rifle ever. With brake, it is easy shooting and very accurate. Lots of fun in a sub $500 rifle. I carry it EVERYWHERE

165 AB's and Varget in a 308win is a sweet spot for sure. The Nosler manual was spot on for me. The Berger CH 168 was my most consistent load, but 165 AB's were a close second.

308 Win. With 165gr Accu. Always liked this combo, mine is shooting Fed. brass
fed 210m.primer, 44.6grs Varget.
C.o.a.l. 2.825, 24" barrel, just under 2800fps. Please work up.
Exactly what I use when reloading for my friends here in Alaska. Has worked well for Moose, Caribou and Black Bear. Adjust C.O.A.L to suit your rifle.