.308 Cal-166g Hammer Hunter is born

I'm all honesty we just figured out how to do it. We have never machines anything before we started making bullets. We got help from those that we bought equipment from, sort of.
Watching this video reminds me of the days when I was making tools for screw machines. It appears that you've got it down pretty pat with the new technology. Screw machines would use a "scive tool" with the exact shape of the bullet, or machine part, ground into either carbide or high speed steel and simply be run into the material in one shot, and then cut the part off in one shot. Is there a scrap:waste rate with this tool/tooling? Thank you for sharing this video

That is a really good video, I program and run a large 5 axis mill at work and the technology is incredible but the Swiss lathe is definitely a machine that was before it's time. They are capable of making exactly identical parts (or in this case bullets) for months without adjustments.

Twist Rate? I very interest in it. I normally use Nosler 165gr in my 308 NM. @ 3300fps w/H4350, & Fed 210 Primers. I haven't really pushed any Hammer bullets, but looking forward to the day I can. So I am going to look into a new barrel, and see if I can change it into a 300WM chambering. Excited about the bullet.

Watching this video reminds me of the days when I was making tools for screw machines. It appears that you've got it down pretty pat with the new technology. Screw machines would use a "scive tool" with the exact shape of the bullet, or machine part, ground into either carbide or high speed steel and simply be run into the material in one shot, and then cut the part off in one shot. Is there a scrap:waste rate with this tool/tooling? Thank you for sharing this video
I have not figured out exactly the percent of scrap. Depends on the caliber of bullet and the size of the bar it is cut from. Roughly 30-40%.

We have looked into that tooling. Very expensive. Needing one for every diff bullet just seems prohibitive. Not sure it would save enough cycle time. Also worry about tool deflection with the bar fed out to the length of the part causing concentricity issues. Not sure on that though.

Twist Rate? I very interest in it. I normally use Nosler 165gr in my 308 NM. @ 3300fps w/H4350, & Fed 210 Primers. I haven't really pushed any Hammer bullets, but looking forward to the day I can. So I am going to look into a new barrel, and see if I can change it into a 300WM chambering. Excited about the bullet.
The 166g Hammer Hunter needs a minimum twist of 1-10.5". If I were getting a new 30 cal barrel, I would go with a 1-8". Even for the lighter bullets. We have yet to find a line of too much twist. The extra twist is a benefit.