.308 and Bergers

shooterpunk2

Hey guys, I am getting a Bullberry 17" .308 barrel from a trade and I am wanting to try out the 168 gr. Berger bullets for elk hunting next year. What are some good loads you have come by? I have heard that the bergers like to seated just into the lands, have you found this to be true? Thanks guys, I cant wait to get my barrel and start reloading for it. I am wanting to try and get an elk at about 300 yards next year with this.

How much? I have also wondered how people use a rifle scope on their pistols? Doesnt it come back and hit ya?

I would have to check-Whatever gets them to shoot the best.
With good muzzle brakes and using riflescopes that have the better eye reliefs it has not been a problem.
On some rigs I don't see a full field of view.
The surface you are shooting on makes a big difference as well.
If it is a slick/smooth surface the gun is going to come back more than off of a bi-pod shooting on dirt.

Try H4895, I shoot this powder in my 17 in encore barrel with very good results with the Berger bullet. Don't give loads as they are just safe in my barrel, yours might not like them.

Harold

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.