300wsm primers

Clndesl

Ok so I have been working on a load for my custom model 70 chambered in 300wsm. I worked up loads with Berger 190s and 208 amax. The amaxes grouped way better and now my question is what is everyone using. For primers. I have 210m and 215m by the thousands so what would be my best bet. Thanks in advance.

I just ran a primer test with my 300WSM. The gun is a Win M70 Extreme weather, 24" barrel. Powder is H4350 at 63.9 grs. The best for me was the Winchester Magnum primer. Ii did not shoot over a chrono. I will attach my target results. Keep the thread posted if you do any testing as well. I am in a constant search for improvements to my 300WSM.

Attachments

• OCW 168gr Barnes & H4350 primer trial.pdf
    783.9 KB · Views: 143
I'm loading with h4350 also but I'm at 62.5 with the 208s. I will keep it going for sure and I will load up some of each primer and bring my chrono out.

I have loaded the 300WSM for a number of years and have most of the time used WLRM primers with most powders, when I started using RL-17 I followed the loading data and used Federal 215 primers. Both worked well but I have not make a direct comparison of velocities.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.