.300wsm OAL

ishootkittens

Hey guys, just got some dummy loads for my .300wsm from liltank and when I seat the .208gr Amax's or bigger, they WILL NOT fit in my magazine. I figured this since my magazine is barely 2.89" long. I did see that some aftermarket magazines will give me some slack in mag length at somewhere around 2.965 or so... but does anyone make magazines with over 3" of OAL? I know that most people will tell me to go ahead and get a long action, but I like the short action (id just get a win mag if I wanted the long action) and I love the .300wsm cartridge. I have heard a few people on here shooting the 230gr berger OTM out of the .300wsm with some success. Is it unreasonable to want a repeater with this load??!

Thanks in advance!

Just tagging to see response. 2.900" is not a bad finish length. A bunch of guys are building repeaters, so it's not a problem. Looking forward to responses.

I keep hearing about this Seekins DBM that will allow me to seat the Bergers to around 3.1" but I cant find the **** things no matter how hard I look. Then I had some direction from another forum and a few members here to seek out the WYATT DBM but I cant find them for a short mag either! This is **** ridiculous! If I had the equipment Id make some **** magazines for the shortmags and make some money off of the 100 people ive talked too who wish to have repeaters out of the single shot short mags! Thanks for the tag though Jeromy

would the magazine be wide and deep enough to handle a couple (3-4) wsm loaded cases. If so I will go and get a seekins right now in .308 maybe even the 10rd magazine so i could atleast load 5wsm's.

I used a .308 Savage mag in my DBM for a wsm. I had to pry the lips apart a little, but could fit 2 in a 4rnd mag. Did you email either Seekins or Wyatt? I asked them both on their contact page to see what they suggest. Maybe wait a day or two and I will post my results of their reply.

Tank

Jeromy, I am starting to think that you are a stalker! You go out of your way to help me out EVERY TIME! I am kidding of course about the stalker thing! But screw posting a thread, I should have just stuck to PM's! You always have the solution to my problems! I appreciate it man, I will email them and see what they say! I look forward to the added space in the magazine and with some milling done to the receiver I should be able to load those 215-230grs out to atleast 2.9!!! Thanks again buddy

--cody

I shoot badger bottom metal with AI style mags from accurate mag in CT. They are high quality and made for the WSM with 2.980" ID.

I shoot badger bottom metal with AI style mags from accurate mag in CT. They are high quality and made for the WSM with 2.980" ID.

Good to have someone else chime in! I am just looking to seat the big bergers out enough to get some decent velocities. I am not talking about 3.2" but id like to get very close to 3! I will look up accurate mag! Thanks alot for the input! I will be replying soon with my results!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.