300prc to 375 ruger ?

crazymonkey

Anybody try and neck up 300 prc to make 375 ruger. The prc brass is available and I can get lapua . I can't for the life of me find any 375 ruger brass . With the ruger the parent case I'm hopeful it's just a neck up and shoulder relocation.

I had 20 that I tested the beans out of and got a tremendous amount of firings out of. Wish my hornady 17 hornet and 204 brass lasted that long. There is a shop out in the valley that carries cleaned up random range brass. I'll try and see if they have some. Reformed adg would be nice if it works.... especially since hornady hasn't made brass only loaded rounds since the wuflu.

I finally found some 375 ruger brass and haven't been back to this project yet. In theory it should work as it's the parent case . Big thing is splitting the necks . I've got a 357 harret and use 30-30 brass necked up to 357 and even annealing will still get some splits. I'm sure I'll get back to this as my buddy bought another big bore a 416 rigby and he bought a 375 ruger also . He can't find brass or ammo local .

Anybody try and neck up 300 prc to make 375 ruger. The prc brass is available and I can get lapua . I can't for the life of me find any 375 ruger brass . With the ruger the parent case I'm hopeful it's just a neck up and shoulder relocation.
When there was a shortage of .300 PRC brass, .375 Ruger brass was used. Now, it is the other way around.

ADDED:

Here's a thread about it, https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/converting-375-ruger-brass-to-300prc.7074956/

Last edited:
The plan was to make this a elk gun inside of 500 yds . Barns and hammer have some good bullets that should be up to the job. To many projects at one time . The wife's gun its finally done my new 280ai also is almost done . Some color to the stock and mount the scope. Then I'll be on load development. I also didn't get a elk tag 😕 .

We've got ammo everywhere up here, heck even wal mart sells it. But it's bullets I couldn't care less about and at new normal prices. Clearly hornady has focused on ammo rather than brass form most cartridges. It would just be nice to have a premium primer pocket option....