30-375 Ruger

rdsewell

Does any one have any load data for this round? I'm not sure what bullet I'm going to use but fairly certain it will be 180 gr. or heavier. Any information would be much appreciated. Mainly looking for a starting point. Thanks!

RD, try starting with the heavier Berger Hybrids, I saw one at the range once and that was the bullets with the best ballistics. Sorry didnt hear which powder, but I'm sure someone will chime in. Good luck

Have you formed any brass yet?
If yes, can you measure case capacity?

What powder are you inclined to use?

I couldn't find any data online so I modeled it in QuickDesign. I get 101grns of capacity. In QuickLoad a 300 Wby is 99 (other sources differ but this is close to mine and actual ballistics match predictions withing ~%2)

If you chose a COAL and a bullet, I will model it in QuickLoad to give you a sanity check.

The 7.62 Pro is 104grns so Swamplord might be able to give another data point.

I read a bunch of threads on the 30-375 on the net. The consensus is that it will be very similar to the 300 Weatherby. If it were mine I would use starting loads for the Weatherby and work up. I'd try H-1000 and Retumbo as first choices due to their temperature stability.

Thanks for the info guys. Sorry don't have much information to share, just starting from scratch. I haven't even formed any brass yet. Should be getting the gun back from the smith any day now.

I read a bunch of threads on the 30-375 on the net. The consensus is that it will be very similar to the 300 Weatherby. If it were mine I would use starting loads for the Weatherby and work up. I'd try H-1000 and Retumbo as first choices due to their temperature stability.
I agree.

I did some modeling. Same powder, same seating depth (not COAL), same barrel length, same bullet.

300 Wby - 3039fps on 77.3gn of powder
30-375 Ruger - 3058fps on 78.5gn of powder

So it looks like using 300Wby data is a "safe" place to start.

Look for 300 Jarret data (30-8mm Rem Mag) similar to 300 WBY and work up,
the 300 Dakota starting loads should work also

my 7.62 PRO data I will NOT recommend due to the way the leade/throat is set up, 230 gr Berger seated to base of neck and compressing powder (coated bullets & bore).... my loads exceed anything the 300 RUM does ... will not be safe in the 30-375 Ruger

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.