300 WSM Reloading question

Decoysx3

I have a 300 wsm that shoots barnes 168gr TTSX very well with H4350 however since H4350 is impossible to find these days i picked up some magpro to try. I am not able to find any books with load data in them and was wondering if you guys could point me in the right direction as far as where i can find a starting and max load.

Thanks,
Mitch

I have two Barnes loading manuals and neither give any data for Magpro and any of their 300WSM bullets, but if you go to the Accurate Powder web site you will find loading data for three different weight bullets using Mapgro. I would look at the 165 Sierra data and use this as a guide to load the 168 gr TTSX. Start Low and work up! Accurate Powders

I have had very good success with RL-19, N550, IMR-7828, and RL-17 in my 300WSM. Two favorite loads are 168TTSX and 62.5 grains of N550, 168TTSX and 64.5 grains of RL-17. Both loads are a medium load with velocity around 3000/ft sec.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts