300 WSM Recommendations?

cowboyarcher

Hi All,

I've been contemplating a short and light 300 WSM build for a while and thought I'd see what recommendations there were. The features I'm looking for are as follows:

- 20" barrel w/ removable brake
- Quality synthetic stock
- Crisp trigger
- Sub MOA w/ 180-200 grn bullets.
- Stainless action would be nice.
- Cost of the rifle sub $1000.

I've considered simply building a Savage since I can do most of the work myself with a pre-fit barrel and confidently get sub-MOA. But I figured there would be a few factory rifles capable of such accuracy as well, they'd just need a barrel chop and thread.

Any thoughts on such a factory rifle? I think the most difficult to find will be one consistently going sub MOA and for less than $1000.

Thanks guys and God bless,

Adam

Hi All,

I've been contemplating a short and light 300 WSM build for a while and thought I'd see what recommendations there were. The features I'm looking for are as follows:

- 20" barrel w/ removable brake
- Quality synthetic stock
- Crisp trigger
- Sub MOA w/ 180-200 grn bullets.
- Stainless action would be nice.
- Cost of the rifle sub $1000.

I've considered simply building a Savage since I can do most of the work myself with a pre-fit barrel and confidently get sub-MOA. But I figured there would be a few factory rifles capable of such accuracy as well, they'd just need a barrel chop and thread.

Any thoughts on such a factory rifle? I think the most difficult to find will be one consistently going sub MOA and for less than $1000.

Thanks guys and God bless,

Adam
Ummmmm, Remington SPS, Savage or Vanguard/Howa.
Sub MoA, that depends on the rifle, but the above choices should work.

gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.