300 WSM DATA

ayers21

Does anybody here have any data on loads for 300 WSM in a Weatherby Vanguard Rifle, curious to see what the Vanguards like to shoot, I know every gun is gonna be different just wanting some info to get me close.

It's a good thing to check on through message boards. I have a Vanguard in 243 Win. and it only likes 80 grain bullets. I really struggled with load development until I read about trying lighter bullets and that was a game changer for this rifle. Good luck!

The problem is that every rifle is different.

I have two Vanguards in 300 WSM. They like different loads.
I have a few Vanguards in 270 Win. They, too, each like different loads.
Same for the rifles here in 7mm Wby and 300 Wby. The only thing I have noted is that 81-82gr of 7828SSC with a 180 grain bullet is where the 300s like to be.

Yes, its a PITA to take the time with each rifle to individualize but that's what it takes. You "might" get close using a recipe from another rifle, or your rifle could "hate" that particular bullet and not shoot it well at all.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.