300 wsm/208 amax

OKbow87

Was just wondering if anybody had any experience with this combo running it at a coal that will fit in a short action remington magazine and still feed. I have been thinking about picking up one of the sps varmints in 300 wsm and putting it in an extra hs stock that i have. I just dont know if this will work or not cause i dont want to single shot it. Also if you have any other suggestions on what might fit and still shoot good like 190 bergers or something of the like i would be interested in hearing about that too. Thanks in advance guys.

Colin

2.805" is it for LOA; I tried to modify the HS and it is not practical for anything but the std. length if you are not going to single load it. Overbore

What was the problem with the HS?
I just talked a friend into buying an SPS V in 300 WSM to try stuff on and was looking for a takeoff HS, but now you have me wondering.

An SPS V with a wyatts box and an HS stock should make a pretty good shooter.
We'll see what the 168 a-max, 190 berger, and 208 a-max do after the holidays, I hope.

I have some long time serious experiences with fiberglass stocks and with that said, the HS units are high quality; that is not the issue. The crux of the matter that the HS stocks are intended only for the HS bottom metal and the converse is equally true. I tried to modify the stock for the longer Wyatt box and the total effort, while feasible eventually, required far too much time.
My opinion is that Badger type bottom metal and a Wyatt box can settle almost any loa issue in a stock that will not accept HS components.
ps I go back to Chet Brown and Lee Six at Brown Precision days

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.