300 wsm 208/215 berger or 7-300 wsm 190 berger

Schw15

26 inch barrel maybe 28.

Loading with n565 or h4350 I have.

Looking at load data or people's experience

Want to run in short action mag fed

Don't have anything yet build ideas between the two looking for info so I can decide better. Not sure what freebore is recommended for 300 wsm in shortaction

If you have a short action, I would do 300 wsm with 180-200 grain bullets with H4350. 215's will be way down in the case. Same with 7/300 wsm. I would shoot 168 vlds with H4350.

True short action, are you dead set on WSM?
SS and SAUM fit a bit better in a SA.

If you are set on .300WSM, Look at the Berger 200.20x. Shorter bullet, and very good BC.
For 7-300WSM, I would look at the 184 Hyb. A bit shorter than the 190 Hyb LR.

Saum are great but brass is so hard to get most of the time. I figured wsm was the easier route. The ss looks great but don't feel like buying a reamer ect. This will be used for some hunting and then practice lr shooting steel. I'm open to bullets nit set on any specific one. I'm not chasing high performance just a fun short package.

Based on my experience, 180 Is about as big/long as you want to go in SA. Anything larger would probably need to be single feed unless you want to shove them way down into the case. Also, you will probably need machined action and extended box. I really like SA, but as stated better with a SAUM than with a WSM.

True short action, are you dead set on WSM?
SS and SAUM fit a bit better in a SA.

If you are set on .300WSM, Look at the Berger 200.20x. Shorter bullet, and very good BC.
For 7-300WSM, I would look at the 184 Hyb. A bit shorter than the 190 Hyb LR.
Might look more into a ss or sst version i suppose

I asked berger for some load data nothing to impressive but could work. But I'm looking at 7-300 wsm mag fed with pva 151 hunting bullet then use his new 165 target bullet for shooting long range