300 WM Long Range Load Help

Thats excellent run a ballistic calculator on your load It will help you stay on the paper. most bullet manifacturers have then on line. Happy Shooting.

Hit the chronograph today and it consistently shoots 2950fps. Groups held to 1/2". Thanks for everyone's help. Time to start moving the target out and see it if holds!

So what was the "secret recipe", and what did you change to get the flavor down to 1/2 MOA (assuming you're shooting 100 yds).

Glad to hear she's dialed in. With half MOA and 4150 ftlbs of wind cheating missile, you have yourself a good setup.

Attached is a photo of the primer on my 300 win mag. Shot it today for the first time. 11 cartridges 68.5 gr. to 73.5 gr. Reloder 22 in .5 gr increments. Photo is the cartridge from the 73.5 shot. I am not positive what too much pressure looks like but this seems to me to be just fine. Any comments? The last three shots (72.5, 73, and 73.5) were .4" group at 100 yds. Browning Hells Cn Long Range rifle.
From what I can tell it looks fine. Try RL23 and RL26 and I think you'll find a very happy spot quickly.

So what was the "secret recipe", and what did you change to get the flavor down to 1/2 MOA (assuming you're shooting 100 yds).

Glad to hear she's dialed in. With half MOA and 4150 ftlbs of wind cheating missile, you have yourself a good setup.
77.5gr H1000 Burger 215 hybrid cci 215 primer. It's probably closer to 5/8" but still good enough for me. A drastic improvement from where I started. I thought the chronograph was off so I continued to check it and it was within 4fps each time. I just didn't think it would have that much velocity.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.