300 winmag

There are lots of members shooting the 300 Win Mag. What kind of shooting are you wanting to do? Do you have a bullet in mind?

i'd be interested in some sage advice myself. i was thinking 190 grain Nosler target bullets going as fast as i can stand it.
i have IMR 7828 SSC and was going to start at 71 grains and work my way up.
or IMR 4831 as the hodgdon reload data website doesn't have IMR 7828 SSC for anything heavier than 175 grains, but good ole 7828 (not SSC) is ok for 190 grain bullets.?

Boys and girls, I am certainly a fan of reloading. But I would highly recommend you buy a box of Hornady Superformance 180 grain SST factory load. It shot so well that I could not justify pursuing that perfect load. 3130fps muzzle, that's a lot of smash!

is anyone shooting with 300wm want tips on cartridge length and bullets
Looking for some guidance here. Worked up a great load using Hornady Amax 208 grain Using IMR 7828SC shooting half MOA at 300 yards. Shot a deer at 340 yards it was eating lead and copper with this bullet. Decided to switch over to the Hornady ELDX 200 or 212 grain but having trouble getting them to pattern. Tried H 4831 reloader 22 and H 1000. I'll have failed to yield similar results with either of the 200 grain or the 212 grain ELDX.
Want bullet that will perform on deer but also perform accurately out of a 1:10 twist Abolt
Any recommendations would be appreciated

H1000 is the gold standard powder for the 300 win mag. The 300 win mag comes into its own with 200+gr bullets and i wouldn't bother shooting anything lighter than a 200gr. Lots of guys swear by the 215 Berger and it is remarkable in this chambering. I've had great results with 208 amaz, 212 eldx and 220eldx with around 75-77gr h1000 in several different rifles. I try to seat them around.020" from the lands or at max mag length and time the powder charge.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.