300 Win Mag Custom

ANDREW RICKETTS

Question for everyone. I had a 300 win mag built for me by a local gunsmith, with the sole intent of shooting factory ammunition. I am not interested in reloading, however I am open to custom loads from factories etc. Which ammo should I try out first after the barrel has been broken in? Just trying to save a bit of money by not buying 10 different loads right away. Thanks guys

hornady 200 gr eld-x precision hunter would be be my choice for hunting if it will shoot in your rifle. I don't buy factory ammo, but have shot this out of a tikka and it made me wonder why I buy expensive rifles and reload my own ammo. It was impressive.

I second the Barnes Vor-TX stuff I use it in several of the rifles that I don't load for. It has been very accurate in some guns that Didn't like anything else.

FGMM is pretty awesome stuff. I use that as my first box of ammo through a new rifle to see how it'll shoot. I don't have time to reload at the moment, so I'm stuck with factory ammo as well.

Question for everyone. I had a 300 win mag built for me by a local gunsmith, with the sole intent of shooting factory ammunition. I am not interested in reloading, however I am open to custom loads from factories etc. Which ammo should I try out first after the barrel has been broken in? Just trying to save a bit of money by not buying 10 different loads right away. Thanks guys
I have 3 friends I am mentoring into long range shooting. All 3 have gotten different factory rifles in 300wm and all 3 of those rifles LOVE the Berger factory ammo with the 215 gr Hybrid and this bullet is a stone cold killer.

I would start with the Berger 215 factory ammo as others have stated. It should be good to go even in a SAAMI chamber as long as you have >3.6" magazine space.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.