300 win mag case trim to length

I don't trim cases until they are beyond the max length, which is 2.620" for the 300WinMag, the trim to length is .010" less than max, or 2.610". If you measure new cases you will often find they are at the trim to length straight out of the packet.

Cheers.
gun)

Just did up a bag of new winny 300win brass the other day; went to 2.605". Why, because it cleaned up and squared the case mouths. They'll grow with the first few firings so I'm not worried a bit about the slight under length.

Btw, it seems win has gotten their act together again with their brass. The pockets required little uniforming, other than a bit on the short side the length was uniform, the brass was check weighed and all were within a grain of 238 grains after trimming and pockets.

I trim mine at the max length instead of .010 shorter and find I actually trim less because the cases want to grow to max length.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.