300 Weatherby Scope

I just put a Leupold VX3i 4.5-14x40 CDS 30mm tube on my new model 70 in .300 win mag, I've only put 20 rounds through this rifle but I like the scope so far. Will be interesting to see how the CDS works once I sort out a load, might be some guys on here have played with one?? $900 here in Australia.

Thanks! The vx3i does look awesome for the price. What reticle did you go with? $900 is pretty steep. I think they cost around $600 in the states for the 30mm cds model. What keeps people from ordering optics from US companies for a cheaper price? Is it because they won't ship to Australia?

Thanks for the help!

Thanks! The vx3i does look awesome for the price. What reticle did you go with? $900 is pretty steep. I think they cost around $600 in the states for the 30mm cds model. What keeps people from ordering optics from US companies for a cheaper price? Is it because they won't ship to Australia?

Thanks for the help!
I went with the duplex reticle, the wind-plex could be handy but I don't like more than necessary in a reticle.
$600USD at the moment is almost $800AUD, add shipping and insurance and you'll get to $900AUD pretty quick.
We have a Leupold centre in Brisbane where all warranties, custom shop, etc. is dealt with. If you purchase overseas than the scope needs to go back to country of purchase for repairs. Also alot of companies won't ship "gun parts" out of the US.

Smokepoles is gentleman I would listen to have read a lot of his comments and I feel he has some very good advise.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.