300 wby vanguard copper issues.

300 Weatherby is a great cartridge.
If you fill it needs a new barrel, I would recommend 26" with 9twt.
Douglas Barrels is in your neck of the woods. And Southern Precision- Bugholes. Hope this helps. 👍🎅
I've ordered a few from bugholes. If that's the Routt I need to go I will. I just don't see a gun with 150 rounds at most down it needing a barrel. Maybe it does lol

Savage? That's what a couple of mine have looked like. Lol
No, Winchester Model 70 EW…Portuguese made.
Still not smooth, but will shoot under MoA with handloads.
Shoots better than the barrel suggests it should, but coppers up quick then appears to stay about the same. Not a target rifle, so I'm not too concerned.

Cheers.

How long did it take you to get it to straighten up?
Took several wipes of JB to smooth it up some, what I have done is as far as I would go, Thought about lapping, but those marks are quite deep and shooting it should burnish those marks more than JB does.
Whatever you do, don't polish the bore to a high lustre, creates more harm than good.

Cheers.

Took several wipes of JB to smooth it up some, what I have done is as far as I would go, Thought about lapping, but those marks are quite deep and shooting it should burnish those marks more than JB does.
Whatever you do, don't polish the bore to a high lustre, creates more harm than good.

Cheers.
I've ran jb down it twice. So I'll shoot it and see what happens. Can't hurt it imo. Shoots like crap after a few shots anyways lol

I've ran jb down it twice. So I'll shoot it and see what happens. Can't hurt it imo. Shoots like crap after a few shots anyways lol
I would do it half a dozen times…I even do 10 strokes on brand new lapped cut rifled barrels, it's not harsh enough to damage anything and is non-imbedding.

Cheers.

No, Winchester Model 70 EW…Portuguese made.
Still not smooth, but will shoot under MoA with handloads.
Shoots better than the barrel suggests it should, but coppers up quick then appears to stay about the same. Not a target rifle, so I'm not too concerned.

Cheers.
Here's a Savage barrel that consistently shoots .6 moa. ES goes to pot after about 60 rounds, otherwise about 12 fps ES. This is after 350 rounds total.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231216_200946_USB endoscope camera for Samsung, Redmi, Sony, Huawei.jpg
    Screenshot_20231216_200946_USB endoscope camera for Samsung, Redmi, Sony, Huawei.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 18