300 Sherman Max help needed

pburton

Hi everyone,
I have a 300 Sherman Max being built and cannot find any helpful starting load data. The Sherman website only has data for rl26, which I only have a half pound of and do not really like it all that much. I have asked on their FB page also with very limited information. My plan is to run the 215 Berger Hybrid and also maybe the 181 Hammer Hunter. Currently I have H4350, H4381sc, H1000, Retumbo, RL23, RL16, N560, N565, and 7828sc. Anyone out there loading for this cartridge? My thoughts were to use SAUM Data and WSM data and find a middle point to get started, but really having a hard time finding data with heavier bullets. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'm just getting started with a friends 300 max using the 208 eldm and 100v. I know it's not on your list of powder unfortunately. I've only shot rl 26 in mine. I would think h4350 and rl 16 would be pretty good choices for temp stability but not the fastest out there. If I was you with those powders I'd focus on the 4350 and 16. I'm not sure on h4831. Not sure on a starting point for those though.

I'm just getting started with a friends 300 max using the 208 eldm and 100v. I know it's not on your list of powder unfortunately. I've only shot rl 26 in mine. I would think h4350 and rl 16 would be pretty good choices for temp stability but not the fastest out there. If I was you with those powders I'd focus on the 4350 and 16. I'm not sure on h4831. Not sure on a starting point for those though.

Thank you for your response. I was just reading your thread on the 300SS. I was going to use a little of your data from that to get a basic starting point. Those are the two powders that I was looking at starting with. I was also thinking about RL23 and the N560, although they may be a little too slow. I actually have a little more RL26 than I thought, but I still do have concerns about its temp stability. It gets pretty warm here in the summer.

560 is pretty terrible for temp stability from what Ive read and experienced myself. I dont think you will be able to get enough 23 in there to use. 26 seems to be great until you push over 80 degrees. I'll be interested to see what you come up with. Keep me posted.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.