300 rum

Hey Guys,

I happened across your thread here and just thought I would drop in for a second. Now please understand I have not read through all your threads, just the ones that came up on my search.

I wanted to comment on the performance of the 185 Bergers! What we did in Africa was amazing I will say. We killed 19 animals while we were filming there and man did they hit the ground! We were shooting a McMillan Outdoorsman with a 28" barrel rifle chambered in 300 RUM for that hunt. We were getting validated speeds of 3397 fps before the hunt. I get some comments on that we can do tricks with the cameras, but let me tell you I cannot make those animals lay down for me! Lol. Those 185's at those speeds crushed everything they touched.

Now normally I use the heavier bullets, 210 VLD, 230 Hybrids in my 30 Caliber rifles for wind bucking purposes. But if you are in good conditions I would not rule out how effective the 185 VLD can be. Take care guys.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts