300 rum

mikael

Hi i have a 300 rum builth on pierce action its trouble to feed the last round ore when i only put one round in the magazine its bdl the bolt move the case a bit then its slide over

Stock? If it was pillar bedded check the pillar length. Just dealt with this issue. There is a possibility that the back of the shell isn't coming in enough contact with the face of the bolt.
On my particular rifle, the bolt would grab once in awhile, then slide over the round. Upon closer inspection, and comparing to another rifle, the bolt , when open with a round in the magazine, should be approx. 1/16 of an inch lower than the top of the round. Check that and start there, hopefully that'll fix it. I ground my pillar lower on the rear under the trigger guard.
If you had it done by a gunsmith, probably best to send it back.

Could be feed rail issue. had one before that the rails were slightly tight for the rum. You could check with pierce and see if your serial number was indeed machined for rum dimensions. By the way pierce actions rock,

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.