300 rum with Barnes 200 gr lrx

bigeyedbass

Just pick up some 200 grn lrx just looking for some info. I've been shooting 200 grn accu bonds with 89.5 grains of rl 25 gun doesnt like retumbo shooting half inch groups have know idea why trying the lrx just playing i guess just looking for some help whatt people are using thanks Dan

Just pick up some 200 grn lrx just looking for some info. I've been shooting 200 grn accu bonds with 89.5 grains of rl 25 gun doesnt like retumbo shooting half inch groups have know idea why trying the lrx just playing i guess just looking for some help whatt people are using thanks Dan
I'd back off some and stay with the rl25 and work back to pressure. I've worked with both lead core and barnes in the same basic load before and the newer ones aren't that different than lead core. I wouldn't just switch them out as they may tolerate a different max. charge. I use either 180 hdy's with rl25 or 225 hdy's with rl50 in my 30 rum and both are great.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.