300 RUM twist

The Real McCoy

What barrel twist do I need in a 300 RUM for 200 gr bullets? Looking at a 25 inch barrel. Also is there any factory ammo with 200 gr bullets?

Cant tell you about barrel twist but federal makes some hot loads with a 200gr partition that fly really well out of my 300rum I bought them because it was the only way I could find nickle brass.

Guys, I don't know too much about the 300 RUM, but is that a long enough barrel? The shortest I've seen is 26", but many that were even longer.

1:10" should be fine for all bullet weights up to 250grs.That's standard on most .30 cal rifles,I think your barrel length is a little short for that cartridge;28" would be better.
I can't think of any factory loads that have 200 gr bullets,there isn't that many in any weight as yet,we'll have to see if Remington are going to offer more bullet weights in the near future,it depends on how many they sell.
MagnumManiac
gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.