300 RUM 700 Sendero, bdl or cdl help

TheDeicide

I've read nothing but good things about the Sendero model, but I can't find much info about the cdl and bdl models. I would rather buy the Sendero, but funds are limited to under $1000 for a bare rifle. I can get the bdl for $820 or the cdl for $845 compared to about $1200 for the Sendero. Does anyone here own one of the less expensive models in 300 RUM who can give me their opinions?

Edit: I forgot the XCR II is available for $835. Any info on that would be great too. I am leaning toward it anyway because I have a tendency to hunt in a lot of rain, sleet, and snow.

Personally, I would look around for a good used Sendero. I picked mine up off gunbroker in the ball park you are talking with a Vias brake installed. I couldn't even tell it had been fired. There is one up for sale on this site right now, and no I don't know the person selling it.
The XCR II coating is great but any SS rifle is good to go in weather also. I've shot a couple light weight 300 Ultras and I will take the Sendero thank you. Also remember you are getting a quality stock with the Sendero. A little skim bedding and you are set. GunWerks LR TV show just took a stock Sendero II bedded the recoil lug, installed a trigger and scope, broke the barrel in, and shot under 1 MOA at 900 yards.
Also I wouldn't limit myself to just the RUM the 300 Win and 7 Rem are also good choices. Good Luck

The main reason I am going for the 300 RUM is I already have numerous 30 calibers, its beltless, and I didn't want the price of the 338 Lapua. I do like the Lapua from what I have found in research. The brass for the Lapua is criminally priced. I've read the barrel life for the 300 is pretty bad though. I guess I'll be looking that up before I buy also. I don't want to be rebarreling the gun every 2-3 years.

one of my 300 rum's is an sps stainless steel and it shoots pretty **** good for a 650$ rifle. Dumped a cow elk at 707 yds one shot a few years back.

About a half inch rifle at 100 yds with hand loads.

I found out today that Browning chambers the 300 rum in the A Bolt, so I bought one. I have an x-bolt '06 and an a-bolt ii in 22-250 and both are phenomenal for accuracy with handloads. After looking into ballistics, I was trying to get the 7mm rum, but they only had them in the xcr ii model.

Thanks for all the help folks. I appreciate it.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts