First Groups from Rem 700 PSS .300 RUM

pc

Here is a couple od groups from my rem 700 pss with canjar trigger and MK 4 leupold 6.5-20 M1 wuith mil dot reticle in badger rings and 20 moa base.

Bullet; Nos 150 gr BT
Case; Rem
Primer; Fed 215m
Powder; AR2225
OAL; 3.681" (and still feeds through mag Just).

The smaller group .291" (106 gr of AR2225) exhbited a tad to much pressure with ejector marks in the brass, these where hand weighed while the larger group .501" using 104 gr of AR2225 was done using the powder thrower, I have settled on this load for the mean time as I wil be using it on game this week and was in a hurry.

I shoot three shot groups as I am most comfortable with this and for me it represents the type of shooting me and my friends do.

At any rate I was happy. I have no Chrono but I figure around 3600 fps.

Photobucket

Photobucket

nice groups¡¡ are you gonna try heavier bullets ? 150 seems light on a 300 rum.

Alg,

I plan at some point to work up a load for the 200 gr Accubonds so I will have my inside 500 yards varmint load (the 150 gr Nos BT) and my over 500 yard Varmint/Bigger game load with the 200 gr Accubonds.

I figure these two loads will be fine for the type of hunting I do, the 150 gr Nost BT's are awsome of thin skinned stuff inside 500 yards and I made my longest shot with the gun so far at 439 yards, I know it's not true long range but it's longer than what I have been doing which is usually to 300 or so, I was happy with 439 yards for a start.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts