300 prc

maddy

given the bullets that are avalable what are your thoughts on this round for deer and elk hunting over other cartriges like the 284 baur magnum and the 300 baur magnum that bruce buar devevloped for the 1000 yard shoots and the 300 weatherby

PRC in saami spec offers commercially available rifles and ammo it's the easy button for delivery of 200+ grain bullets. 300wby is a great cartridge for 180 class bullets but not optimized in saami spec for the heavies. Not familiar with the Baur cartridges so no input there.

I recently turned 69yrs old and while I can still do most things that I always did I found out that I had no business trying to drag a dead deer out of the woods! So I looked around for a failsafe cartridge that would DRT whitetail deer at up to 600yds. I landed on a Bergara Premier HMR Pro 300 PRC and it was the answer to my Quest shooting the Hornady 225 gr ELDM.

i had it in my thoughts forever for a 300wm for when i can go after bigger game than deer. but now ive changed to prc. everyone jumped on the train to make brass. of course bullets will always be around. for me as a casual shooter, i saw only positives. but it helps to that i dont have a rifle yet. if i had a wm already, i wouldnt change. that would be too expensive for my wallet.

given the bullets that are avalable what are your thoughts on this round for deer and elk hunting over other cartriges like the 284 baur magnum and the 300 baur magnum that bruce buar devevloped for the 1000 yard shoots and the 300 weatherby
Use the search option and there is tons of information on the 300PRC. When comparing to any wildcat you just need to run some ballistic charts yourself for comparison.