300 Jazz

Sweet looking rig.....and what a shooter.
What advantages does the 30 degree shoulder on your Jazz amount too over the standard 300 Noma?

Brent

Besides the extra velocity improving a case will help with accuracy if done properly.

Here is what I have been taught on improved cartridges. When you blow out a case you have the ability to create the perfect neck/shoulder junction which is the funnel. Use a expander mandrel to put all the inconsistencies on the outside of the neck. Clean up the neck with a quality neck turner. And then fireform the case. Your old neck shoulder junction will be in the body which doesn't hurt anything, and your shoulder/neck junction will be now where you cleaned your neck. Consistent size. I have been at benchrest for about a year and I have cut my average groups in half. Might be worth a look if you are after accuracy.

Brent

Besides the extra velocity improving a case will help with accuracy if done properly.

Here is what I have been taught on improved cartridges. When you blow out a case you have the ability to create the perfect neck/shoulder junction which is the funnel. Use a expander mandrel to put all the inconsistencies on the outside of the neck. Clean up the neck with a quality neck turner. And then fireform the case. Your old neck shoulder junction will be in the body which doesn't hurt anything, and your shoulder/neck junction will be now where you cleaned your neck. Consistent size. I have been at benchrest for about a year and I have cut my average groups in half. Might be worth a look if you are after accuracy.

Brent

Thanks for the advice. I would like to build a comp gun and shoot f class or 1K benchrest.

I got to stretch it out last weekend to 888 yards. The first picture is the first two shots at 650 yards and the second picture is the first two shots at 888 yards. This was the first time I have shot past 550 yards so my wind call was a little off. The wind was gusting from 10-20 mph. These are still my fire forming loads so I can't wait to work up some loads for it.

Attachments

• 650 Yards.jpg
    650 Yards.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 109
  • 888 Yards.jpg
    888 Yards.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 131
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.