• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 300 HSM LR Pistol

BountyHunter

Retirement Sale. Going to retire and move to the beach so cleaning out the safe.

Tooley Orion long action in single shot in 300 Hornady Super Match (HSM). That is a 30-375 Ruger. Originally ordered sold as a pistol action so 100% legal.

Melonite fluted bolt large recoil lug, M16 extractor, extended bolt handle with threaded knob.

Lawton 10 twist at 18 Inches with Holland Radial Brake. No more than 40 rds fired.

One of a kind modified McCree stock. Front part from standard LA 700 and modified rear so you cannot attach the folding part of the stock.

100 1x fired cases (test run cases with no head stamp)

Hornady Custom 300 HSM dies.

NF rings and Konus scope.

Harris bipod with pod loc

Seems this little case likes to run the 225s at 2900 fps out of a 26" barrel! Knocks the hell out of the 300 Win mag with 74 gains of H4841. Happens to make a nice switch barrel for the 338 Lapua from Acc Intl.

So far with one range test, I have run 208s up to 2550 with plenty of room to go. I think you can go 75-76 gr of H4831 easily with 208s. Load data is well developed for the 225s, H4831 and has been tested for two years by Tooley, Hornady and AI. Plus, this round is making some inroads into the 1k BR game in some areas and is shooting quite well.

Dave Tooley did the smithing and has the reamer and built this pistol, I got the 100 cases from him and Hornady sold me the last set of custom dies from the test run.

Gun as a brand new Konus 6.5-25x 44mm and 30mm tube scope M30 model that was shipped back this week. Has not been mounted.

Package combo $2850 shipped and insured in hard case to your FFL.

No trades, selling to by the retirement boat!!

BH

Click on pics to enlarge.

Last edited: