30% off LL Bean men's down parkas!

Litehiker

Yesterday (12/30/'18) I ordered LL Bean's men's "Ultralight 850 Big Baffle Down Jacket" (really a parka).
The original price for a mens' Large, Tall was $309. bit I got mine for $209. and free shipping.
After looking everywhere on the net this was the very best combination of quality, design and price that I could find. And Bean's has a great customer service reputation.
THIS SALE IS STILL ON. There are other lighter weight down parkas of various thicknesses on sale as well.

This is a parka rated to -35 F. with moderate activity, a "mountaineering parka" with the new Pertex Y shaped yarn filaments in the shell for more durability and moisture resistance. So it may be too warm for some but I needed it for alpine skiing and winter backcountry ski camping as a camp jacket. Also it will be a great hunting stand jacket when the temps drop way down. It has a baffled main body, not sewn thru, so has no cold spots. The hood is sewn thru but since I always wear warm fleece or knit hats that's OK.

For that severe cold I'll pair it with either GTX Thinsulate insulated ski pants or camo GTX pants and synthetic fill mid layer. Boots will be either Sorel felt pacs or Scarpa T3 telemark plastic ski boots W/ removable liners. I have VERY warm mittens as well. Used them at -40 F. and was fine.

Eric B.
P.S. Although I'm 5' 10" I ordered a Tall size B/C it will better keep my butt and wrists covered. I recommend ordering Tall for guys of average heights.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts