30 Nosler velocity

Toydy

Hey there guys, just after some help/ opinions.
I have a custom 30 Nosler with .200 freebore shooting 200 grain accubonds 26 inch barrel, 10 twist.
I went to Max for nosler load data for H1000, 79 grains, book says velocity of around 3012 fps.
I am getting on average 2860fps, no signs of pressure. Groups are around .75 inch@ 200 yards so pretty happy there.
Does that mean I have a slow barrel or does the freebore somehow reduce pressure thus velocity?
I would like more velocity so do I play on and does that mean I can go way above Max charge?

How many rounds down the barrel? It should speed up after 100-150 rounds.
Also if you're comfortable reading pressure signs you should be able to go over max book loads.
I would also recommend looking at longrangeonly.com cartridge guide on the 30 Nosler.

If you are zeroed at 300 yards and there is a 10 mph full value wind, the difference in trajectory at 1000 yards is 8 clicks and ~4.5 inches of wind between 2860 and 2960. I suspect you would not be asking this question if you were getting 2960 fps.

So my next question is...are you sure you really care that you want to mess with a .375 MOA load?

I have a 30 Nosler with a 26" proof, 1:9.4 twist. I shoot, 210 Berger VLDs with 79.2grains of H1000.

After I did my break in, I took the low node and it was around 2940, but once I got around 100-115 rounds through the barrel, it sped up to 3021.

Looking back at my range book, Berger gave me a min of 78, max 82 with H1000.

If your barrel is a carbon it will speed up after 100+

Are you seating the bullet to Nosler seating depth with their data or are you seating the bullet out closer to lands with that generous freebore?

Hey there guys, just after some help/ opinions.
I have a custom 30 Nosler with .200 freebore shooting 200 grain accubonds 26 inch barrel, 10 twist.
I went to Max for nosler load data for H1000, 79 grains, book says velocity of around 3012 fps.
I am getting on average 2860fps, no signs of pressure. Groups are around .75 inch@ 200 yards so pretty happy there.
Does that mean I have a slow barrel or does the freebore somehow reduce pressure thus velocity?
I would like more velocity so do I play on and does that mean I can go way above Max charge?
I'm getting that velocity with 225 eldms using the same charge of H1000/ADG brass, and from a 24" barrel.
Once you increase freebore and seat your bullet out the factory load data becomes obsolete.
Work up in .5 grain increments

What brass you using?
Have you even worked up to pressure?
How far off the lands?

If you have any RL 26 it will help get more velocity. My 300 prc shoots 200 gr accubonds 3100 plus . Ranshot Magnun or Retumbo will both probably get more velocity too. Your velocity is very slow for your load. Your running at 300 win mag velocity with more powder. Don't sound right . Have you verified that velocity on targets at distance ???

If you have any RL 26 it will help get more velocity. My 300 prc shoots 200 gr accubonds 3100 plus . Ranshot Magnun or Retumbo will both probably get more velocity too. Your velocity is very slow for your load. Your running at 300 win mag velocity with more powder. Don't sound right . Have you verified that velocity on targets at distance ???
Just magnetospeed