30 herrett

When I lived in Wyo. I hunted a lot with Contenders,Still have 2 6.5 JDJ ,a 375 JDJ and a 357 Harret . Really loved to stalk antelope and shoot them with those 6.5 s . I have made some very long shots with those pistols. It is a lot easier to crawl with them and makes stalking lots of fun. Dogs with a hollow point 357 were like throwing a red rag in the air.Now I live in N.M. and can't get a tag so my pistols have not been out of the safe in years. Really miss those hunts!
Why did you move ?!?

Sold my business to relocate where I could take care of my mother.She is gone now and I am too old to fight the cold and snow any more. I can still remember the old guys starting their snow blowers at 2:00 AM to stay ahead of the snow . When I was young I had the pleasure of living in N.W. Montana and Sheridan WY. Great memories ; but not the best place to be old.

Sold my business to relocate where I could take care of my mother.She is gone now and I am too old to fight the cold and snow any more. I can still remember the old guys starting their sn blowers at 2:00 AM to stay ahead of the snow . When I was young I had the pleasure of living in N.W. Montana and Sheridan WY. Great memories ; but not the best place to be old.
God Bless you brother. I can relate. I hunt a friend's property near Corona N.M. sometimes.

Best antelope hunt I've ever been on was in N.M. , my friend and I spent the whole antelope season there. A Saturday and Sunday. But it was great, we both got really good bucks I got a 15 and half inch with only one broken tip. And buddy got a clean14 and 3/4 no damage. It was during the rut and we saw dozens of mature bucks. Beautiful country.

I purchased A contender g1 pistol with 30 herrett super 14 early 80s vintage. Came with brass and dies. It's was a package deal I only wanted frame and grips So I was going to liquidate barrel dies and brass. Then I thought to load a few and the addiction began. I searched here and on specialty pistol forum looking for information. Loaded some Sierra 125s first groups were 1 1/2 at 50 yards. So I go a box of 120 gr Barnes TAC 120. With IMR4227/H4198 and cci 200 and at 50 yards I shot these 2 Groups. It's not a long ranger but I am addicted with a Bushnell 2-6 scope these groups turned out. Next is 100 yards. View attachment 370216View attachment 370217
The 30 Herrett can be very accurate. I won the AAA class region 1 unlimited match many years ago with a perfect 60 Being in NY at the time I used the 357 Herrett for deer due to the 35 cal. rule
I purchased A contender g1 pistol with 30 herrett super 14 early 80s vintage. Came with brass and dies. It's was a package deal I only wanted frame and grips So I was going to liquidate barrel dies and brass. Then I thought to load a few and the addiction began. I searched here and on specialty pistol forum looking for information. Loaded some Sierra 125s first groups were 1 1/2 at 50 yards. So I go a box of 120 gr Barnes TAC 120. With IMR4227/H4198 and cci 200 and at 50 yards I shot these 2 Groups. It's not a long ranger but I am addicted with a Bushnell 2-6 scope these groups turned out. Next is 100 yards. View attachment 370216View attachment 370217

Recent Posts