30-378 with 175 Grain LRX

Pop, most 30/378 shooters are using the heavier Bergers with stellar results. Check out the "Broz" threads on the Berger bullets for the big .30 magnums.

how about the ELDX 212gr or220gr?

Dosh I like a premium bullet that hold together and penetrates. The berger as we know is great for way under 3K fps and at longer ranges where velocity has been minimized. Same with the Hornadies. They are an elaborate SST with the Interlock; hardly consider that a premium.

Where I hunt My last shot was at 15 yards (!) and some shots can be 800 if you step out of the forest......

Plus never mind the fact that you can not tell what berger should be used for what! VLD, Hybrid, Elite hunter etc. Drives me nuts!!!

You pick up a box and they have pictures of targets varmints big game and I do not know what else.

Good to see you POP. Hopefully someone with experience will chime in with your question. Things are a bit different here now than they used to be. It is pretty much an all Berger all the time crowd here now. I would love for you to give our Hammer 181g a go. It will survive any high vel impact and function perfectly down to 1800fps or less. Although we have decided to keep 1800fps as a min just because we feel that speed aids in a clean kill. We have tested them lower and they do still function correctly. You should be able to run them in your 30-378 in the 3400 to 3500fps nicely.

Steve

Thanks buddy. I have a huge amount of experience with the 30-378 Bee. Here is my last group. 200 Accubonds at 3240 FPS. I have shot many other bullets but never the 175 LRX. Hoping for 3400 to 3500 with the 175 LRX and maybe better accuracy!

And while on the Bee subject here is my new accumark in 6.5 Bee

130 AB at 3450 fps

Nice looking rig!

I've been playing with the 168 Grn LRX in my 280 AI. 5 shot group, 3 went into the same hole!

I got some load data by emailing Barns, however I ended up with my own load using RL26 at 2900 fps. 0.50 off the lands. Good luck with your Bee!

Oh, and Barns says they are good to 1600 fps, but that may be a bit of marketing. 1800 fps is probably a good rule of thumb as RockyMtn mentioned.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
Pop,
I was shooting the 175gr LRX in my Lazz Warbird. I believe I was shooting 100-102gr of Rl 25. The biggest thing I have learned with shooting the LRXs is the need to seat them deeply. Sorry I can't be more of a help. Good luck

Pop,
I was shooting the 175gr LRX in my Lazz Warbird. I believe I was shooting 100-102gr of Rl 25. The biggest thing I have learned with shooting the LRXs is the need to seat them deeply. Sorry I can't be more of a help. Good luck

How are you seating them. Could you show a picture of a loaded round?

I will be working on them in the 300RUM and 308/26-Nosler.

Fred,
I actually sold that rifle so I don't have pictures or loaded rounds anymore. I don't have my load data either. I know there were No grooves showing at all. Sorry I can't help further

Fred,
I actually sold that rifle so I don't have pictures or loaded rounds anymore. I don't have my load data either. I know there were No grooves showing at all. Sorry I can't help further

That is great. I've been loading my usual one groove showing and .005 of the band. Not working as well as I would hope.

I'll try seating deeper.