30-06 and 168 Berger VLD

Mantiou what is name of those targets? I have never seen em before. They are just what I need too. Thanks in advance.

Buddy and I are getting ready to work up this years hunting loads for are .06's. I have an older BDL too. My plan is Berger's both weights (have the 165's so far, will try n get the other weight next week) VLD's Accutips (have both weights), Sierra(have 165's) and was toying with throwing in something else if buddy want to buy something too.

My .06 Hornady modified case came today, the semi auto Hornady OAl tool should be here tomorrow, (I have an older BAR in .06 too), Im trying to find a used or borrow the straight Hornady OAL gauge since this project is getting expensive and I'm not made of money. I know there's other ways too, but a lot years back when my dad wanted more accuerarcy from his 22-250's I used the tool(think it was before Hornady but the rights to it) and really liked it.

My parents never really focused on math with me and poor school district with bad teachers really made it harder on me latter when I got to college after military. I had to actively search for that one special teacher who understood I never learned algebra, etc and needed their help. Wasn't easy all bit one said not their problem or concern, very greatful for the one who I did find and tutored me until I was where I needed to be. I see things like this as perfect project for my 8 and 7 year old to. showing them how important math can be. I'll let them learn how to read a caliper with dial. And then each do the math alomg side us since buddy and I are going to follow Berger's guideline for thr VLD's. Only addition and subtraction but its the look math is revelant. I don't want them going through what I did. So better to start em going. Both have shown a great interest in reloading too. Can't go to reloadong room if my daughter is home without her in tow. Just like I was at her age.

I have RL22. Forget which IMR's off top of head. But have two, every brand of primer. From what I have read though (This has been in the works since end of last year, just taking time to get all I need due to costs). Bit has given me a lot of time to read and research. Seems like the Federal match is the ticket followed by regular Win's. But doesn't mean that is how it will turn out. Will probably add another powder, two if buddy buys one too.

A person on a other forum loaned me a Chronograph, we have access to at least lead sleds reats from what I have been told.
I also plan on doing some penetration/expansion tests, using some home brew ballstice gel too with the top performers we end up at extended ranges. I don't want to know just how accurate but as much info as I can before making my pick.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.