3 Different accutriggers and the springs

scdogman

So I could not adjust my accutrigger under 4 lbs even though it was rated for 2.5 to 6 lbs

After researching I learned that there were 3 different accutriggers

2.5 to 6 lbs. standard
1.5 to 6 lbs varmit
6 ounce to ??? target

The standard and varmit are the same but have different springs.

i just ordered the new spring and now my accutrigger will hit below 2 lbs. I'm set right at 2 lbs now.

The part number for the 1.5 lb Spring is 105270 and cost about $7.

Hope this helps someone else.

Yeah, everyone forgets or never knew there was a 1.5-6 lb. trigger. It came on the model 12's before they started making the PTA which comes with the accutrigger that goes to 6oz.

I might get some heat for this but...
I replace the trigger spring ( and cut a few coils off ) with the accutrigger spring and use 1/2 of an ink pen spring for the accutrigger spring.
It takes some patience to bend the spring hooks again but it works great in all of my Savages.
Total pull for both springs in my hunting rigs is right at 15oz , my BR is about 6oz.
If you have trouble with loosing the accutrigger engagement you can use a thin rubber pad or felt super glued to the under side of the bolt where it contacts the action.
It works for me.

Dbrice23

My point is that you could use inexpensive factory parts($7$) without modification to achieve better results. I don't think most hunting guys go too far under two pounds, so hitting 1.5 is great. I'll keep your mods in mind. Who knows?

All.
I am not a gunsmith. Please research and make all changes at your own risk.

So I could not adjust my accutrigger under 4 lbs even though it was rated for 2.5 to 6 lbs

After researching I learned that there were 3 different accutriggers

2.5 to 6 lbs. standard
1.5 to 6 lbs varmit
6 ounce to ??? target

The standard and varmit are the same but have different springs.

i just ordered the new spring and now my accutrigger will hit below 2 lbs. I'm set right at 2 lbs now.

The part number for the 1.5 lb Spring is 105270 and cost about $7.

Hope this helps someone else.
Thank you sir .

I replace the trigger spring ( and cut a few coils off ) with the accutrigger spring and use 1/2 of an ink pen spring for the accutrigger spring.
It takes some patience to bend the spring hooks again but it works great in all of my Savages.
Total pull for both springs in my hunting rigs is right at 15oz , my BR is about 6oz.
If you have trouble with loosing the accutrigger engagement you can use a thin rubber pad or felt super glued to the under side of the bolt where it contacts the action.
It works for me.
Thank you sir.

Dbrice23

My point is that you could use inexpensive factory parts($7$) without modification to achieve better results. I don't think most hunting guys go too far under two pounds, so hitting 1.5 is great. I'll keep your mods in mind. Who knows?

All.
I am not a gunsmith. Please research and make all changes at your own risk.
Thank you sir.

It works for me.
Thank you Brice

It works for me.
Thank you Brice.

Luckily I have a Model 12, and originally the pull measured at .2 oz! It made shooting it exciting first time out! I upped it to 8 OZ, but may go a bit higher. I experienced the famous "locked accutrigger" syndrome from closing the bolt too hard, found out about that and corrected it, but now I have an interestintg issue I wonder if anyone else has seen. I have had a few reloaded rounds that when I chambered them, the accutrigger locked and would not move back. All the measurements seemd correct - case length, seating depth, etc. Happened with a couple Hornady cases and A-max loads and a couple federal cases with TMKs. I deconstructed one of them. dumped the powder, swapped in a fired primer, seated the bullet back to the previous depth. I chambered it, and when I pulled back on the trigger, it flunctioned correctly. I cotacted Savage, and they said send it for a gunsmith review. Before I do that, any thoughts as to the problem?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.