280AI Peterson vs Nosler weight & H20 capacity

I have not purchased QL yet. I've heard great things about it, but no longer have compatible PC's or laptops. It is hard to believe they don't offer MAC compatible versions.
You can get a used Win 10 or older pc off ebay or your local used computer shop for $100 probably.

I'm interested to know how much difference there is to your loads when changing brass. I have some Peterson for 270win and 7rm that I haven't tried out. When changing brass will you change cbto, primers, and even powder or will everything stay the same except for slight variation in powder charge.

You can get a used Win 10 or older pc off ebay or your local used computer shop for $100 probably.
Should be able to run it in a virtual machine on the Mac or use that app that allows running Windows apps/programs. Like WINE for Linux.

Just changing brass can be a BIG DEAL!

In the example Carlos gave, he only had a 4.1% diff in case volume.

In my .338 LM, my used Hornady brass had a volume of 107 gr H20
but my Lapua brass was 114!

6.5% difference......

90.3 gr charge weight N565
250 gr. Scenar

at 114.19 volume
pressure 60789, Velocity 2887

at 107 volume
pressure 71245, Velocity 2995

Kaboom.....

Thats the difference just a few percent of volume in the brass.....over 10,000 psi....very dangerous.

Be very careful changing brass.....its not the same!

I have question. Why did you use new primers to do your volume weight and wastes the primers?
I just turn the brass over let it dry several days and use it with the new primers I used to weigh water.

I have seen no effects if you let them drain and dry out a few days.

Someone has asked for help w starting loads on a Sherman 7mm short magnum.

Unfortunately, Quickload does not have this wildcat in the menu.

Does anyone know if GRT reloading program includes it or if there is a close approximation to other 7mm
loads one could go by for starting loads?

There is a great thread here about the difference between Nosler and other 280ai brass and chambers.

The short answer is Nosler screwed up and didn't do what they should've. It's in the gunsmithing forum and I think JECustom (RIP) played a huge roll in figuring it all out.