280ai Ladder

JD Jones

First off I did this at 200 yards. I understand that is really not ideal at all but I couldn't get out to shoot 600+ anytime soon so I did the best I could.

The test: 2 strings of fire round robin 200 yards 56.5-61 grains rl26 loaded 20 thou off in .5 grain increments. Shot 2-3, cooled/marked target. I've got an idea of where I will go next but curious what others might interpret / do with the data I DO have from the target?

3C8BC35A-17DB-404D-8E32-E8C4001CD5DF.jpeg

I purposely dialed windage left after string 1(edit: I didn't want to have the impacts overlaying string 1 =why I dialed windage). Towards end of string 1 winds started to pickup and by end of string 2 it was pretty gusty. I marked the charge and (r1) for the first 10 and (r2) for next 10.

I did not chrono this test. I have already found pressure in a previous test and the intent was to identify vertical dispersion node(s). My thought from the target is 58 grains and play with seating

For me personally I'm not seeing 58gr as the go to load. And here's why 57.5-58-58.5 is probably MOA... roughly 2" looking at both ladders....which could be deceiving. I'm not seeing anything that's really wanting to repeat and stack on each other within a half a grain either side?

As the shooter you probably have a much better understanding of conditions and what was going on during your string of fire. Sometimes that skews the perspective from the outside looking in.

For me personally I'm not seeing 58gr as the go to load. And here's why 57.5-58-58.5 is probably MOA... roughly 2" looking at both ladders....which could be deceiving. I'm not seeing anything that's really wanting to repeat and stack on each other within a half a grain either side?

As the shooter you probably have a much better understanding of conditions and what was going on during your string of fire. Sometimes that skews the perspective from the outside looking in.
Fair enough. I felt good about every shot but 1 . Called it bad but on target it was right in line with the previous impact far as vertical is concerned.

I'll likely scrap the test and do this at 600+ in a few weeks. I was hopeful I could get some usable data at 200.

I've got the 140s and I have the cx150s from Hornady. I'd like to get ahold of some accubonds but the reality of that is fading fast to work up a load in time for October