280ai killing the 7mm rem mag

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but if shooting at speeds way over the book won't that burn a barrel twice as fast.
Can't many rounds available out of the barrel.
I think a barrel always lasts longer the more moderately you load for it. I have some rifles that I load fairly hot and others conservative. Once I get a hot load worked up for a rifle, I'm sparingly with my shots. I've got a 7mm stw that I usually just make one cold bore verifying shot in one day. It's proven itself so I can practice more with a more moderate less costly round to shoot. I do a lot of practice with a 6.5 creedmoor. But with the OP running a prefit, he can rebarrel fairly economically. I'm pretty much the same way with my prefits, Im not too much worried about burning it out cause I can rebarrel them fairly cheap and easy.

D 25 WSM had some good advice.. a 280AI loaded with a 160 gr top vel is 3050 mine did 3030 with R-22 . and that is about all the psi you need in a non belted case. thus the 7mm Remington is tops for 7mm. you know the magnum case after once fired and reloaded a little less than full resising you have double head space.. Again I am not a Magnum fan because i like 4 round better than 3. You can allso get that with the7 STW.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.