280 rem?

ghoghunter

i have a ruger 77 all weather. great shooting rifle. i was invited to West Virginia this year for deer season .does any body want to share a real good deer round.factory or reload.

Lend me your gun and I'll promise a couple winners for you.
IOW, only your rifle will tell a good load in your rifle.
You've got plenty of time.
Buy a box of 120 g Sierras or Remingtons for next to nothing and have some fun developing loads. Try 50-56g of 4350 or 55-61g of 4831.
If you go for something bigger, like a 150g, don't be scared to use some of the slower than normal powders, like RL 22, H-1000, though I believe 4350 is one of the darling powders of that cartridge.

I found a load for a friend with the exact same rifle and found that 59 gr of Reloader 19 with 140g Nosler Ballistic Tips shot exceptionally well, somewhat of a warm load though. I would not punch a lot of paper in a short time with it. Hope this helps.

[ 02-21-2004: Message edited by: MU Ag Rho ]

thanks guys i loaded two of your rounds .hopefully oldman winter lets me get out and try then out. havent had time ore the weather to do much shooting here in ohio
rolleyes.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.