28 Nosler problems

lets see pics of these scratches.. tight neck

what is the cbto difference .. your reloads an the factory ..

do you have any pictures of the fired neck just after pulling fired brass out ..

I agree with the chamber being the problem. Picture is of Hornady brass on left with 76 grs Retumbo and 180 Eldm and Nosler factory 175 ABLR on right. 180 was 2950 fps and 175 was 3050 fps. Picture isn't the best as lighting reflective but scratches are from just above web to mid case and also not 'even' around entire casing. I don't have an olive tool but OAL was 3.360 on 180 and 3.310 on 175 factory. Neither was touching the lands or marking the bullet.

Factory gun rep said Hornady brass has had problems and he also claimed Hornady makes Noslers brass for 28 s. I don't buy either of these statements and he promised to send a box of Bertram reloads to the guns owner to try... my guess is problem will still be there and back to factory goes gun for repair or replacement; and hunting season just over 2 mths away!

Attachments

• IMG_3849.JPG
    IMG_3849.JPG
    503.6 KB · Views: 123
I'm calling B.S on hornandy making Nosler 28 brass. Nosler bought a brass company a few years back so why would they have some one else make it.

Last edited:
Hornady makes there own 28 Nosler brass. I doubt he meant that Hornady was making 28 Nosler brass for Nosler.

That s the way the owner of the rifle understood him; thus my questioning ... and, that's also why manufacturer said they d send some loads in Bertram brass.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.