28 nosler preformance with saami spec chamber

Based on those velocity number 79.5 will be the load. 70 is too close to the change. The Nosler load data is for an oal of 3.34 so it's not really valid in this case.
I figured that it was right close to what you had. My bullets are coated with HBN so that could make a little difference. I was thinking 79.5 as well, right in the middle. Did you have a flat spot in the velocity like that on yours?

I figured that it was right close to what you had. My bullets are coated with HBN so that could make a little difference. I was thinking 79.5 as well, right in the middle. Did you have a flat spot in the velocity like that on yours?
Yes, I will never use a load that does not have a flat spot. Some cartridge/load combos are wider than others.

79 looks like a good load, I believe that is also the listed max in Noslers load data for the 175 ABLR. I'd start your depth testing with that one.
As rfurman24 mentioned I am running a longer coal and hodgdon has 79.6 as max with a 180 berger.

Yes, I will never use a load that does not have a flat spot. Some cartridge/load combos are wider than others.
I would like to do a long range ladder test in .2 or .3 grain increments from 79 to 80 but there's to much snow at the moment

If you have some try the 195s with retumbo. 78.4 gives me 3012 FPS same distance from lands with the 180 and 195.

But some will say you can't shoot them in a standard chamber.

If you have some try the 195s with retumbo. 78.4 gives me 3012 FPS same distance from lands with the 180 and 195.

I doubt many, if any, would say you can't. The problem is with the short freebore the 180s will outperform the 195s ballistically. If I had to start again I would use a 180 Hybrid. I am guessing the shorter bearing surface would make up for the lower BC. My 7-300s had no problem pushing Hybrids 3165(where the accuracy was).

The 180 will match or beat the bc of the 195 and the ridgeline has a 9 twist barrel so that degrades the bc of the 195's even further. That as well as the fact that the 195 is usually running about 100fps slower in most rifles, made my decision to run the 180 easy. If I had an 8 twist the 195 would be something I might consider. I am hoping AB updates with a BC for the 180 eldm pretty soon, I would like to see what they come up with.

The 180 has less drift at 1000 yards because of the higher bc. The energy is about the same, but the 195 brings a way higher sectional density. 345 I believe.

To me they are close enough that one can shoot which ever they like best.

The 180 eldm is my bullet to try for my mile shot, but for hunting I'm going with the 195s.

My gun shoots around .3 with both, but all my OCW were under 1 moa with the 195s

I decided to use retumbo because I have tons of it. I settled @79.2gr under a 195 Berger @aics length. BTOL is 2.886" and I'm getting 3027 FPS.
I think it's a great hunting load. Temp stable and not very slow. I can push the 195's faster with RL-33, but MV consistency is priceless.
I tried to find a nice retumbo load for my 180 hybrids and ELD-M but groups opened up to 2-2.5 MOA. I'll try some H1000 for the 180's and see how it goes.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.