28 Nosler load data from Nosler

Thanks for posting this!

Finally Nosler has put to use those newer slow powders. Good to see it in print.

I have read the 28 Nosler has almost identical case capacity to the 7 STW. Unfortunately Nosler doesn't have any recent data for the 7 STW using RL-33, Retumbo, US 869 etc.

For what it is worth, I made a full length 7mm/375 Ruger and with 86 gr of RL-33 and a 168 Berger classic velocity from a 26" barrel is 3268 fps.

I guess if you include this wildcat we have four cartridges that accomplish very similar velocities. The fourth is the 7mm Dakota.

I have read the 28 Nosler has almost identical case capacity to the 7 STW.

It is very close. When I made my RUM based Wildcat, I filled a 7 STW case to the bottom of the neck with fine sand. I then poured that sand into a Remington 300 RUM case and measured from the case mouth to the sand. Based on that measurement, I cut the 300 RUM case body to a length of 2.156" and confirmed the case capacity vs a 7 STW case. The body length of the 26 Nosler chamber is 2.1615".

I have a wildcat built on a 8x68s case that is very similar to the above mentioned. 78 grains of RL33 behind a 180 Berger is running 3110 and shoots really well. Haven't tried 168s.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.