277 caliber for hog or deer

I've been shooting my 270 Weatherby and a 270 Win since the mid 1970's, loading for them since the late 70's. I have taken Mule Deer and antelope and 1 elk with the270 Weatherby . back then Sierra GK and the Speer Grand Slam were very popular bullets. All the white tails I have taken have been with the 270 Win, using the 130 Grn Nosler Ballistic Tip and the 130 Grn. Combined Tech Bullet at 3000 /3025 fps. Really, Really happy with their performance on deer, but I have no experience with anything on hogs. I suppose I would be ok with the Accubonds and surely with the Partitions. If Hornady makes an SST, at150 grn, that would be just fine on hogs. I see these guys on television shooting Hogs out of a helicopter with 30 Blackouts. They seem to shoot them more that once with those smaller cartridges. I think there must be just the right 150 Grn. Bullet out there in a 277 Dia. Maybe even a Hammer Mono

As there are many good options, I'll elaborate on my experience. I bought my first 370 Weatherby 1987 or 88 and started loading for it in 1992. I shot more deer in those first 5 years than I can admit with factory 100gr partitions and not one ever took a step. It was topped with a Simmons 44mag scope and the furthest shot was in the 300 yd range (pre range finder time). In 1992 I started loading for it using Combined Technology Parton Golds in 150gr and loved them as a swapped the scope to a VX3 6.5-20 and bought my first rangefinder (Bushnell). Combined Technology bullets were discontinued and switched to 140gr Accubounds and had great success on elk (longest shot 690) double lung took 5 or 6 steps and was dead. Then in Texas, shooting a doe dead broadside on a feeder at 120 on video, perfect heart shot that exited straight up through her spine. For whatever reason, I considered that a bullet failure and immediately switched one to 130gr Barnes TSX. For several years with 100% successful results on deer and elk and loved them until I saw folks on this forum talking about Hammers and thought I'd give them a try with the hopes of squeezing a little more accuracy out of my beloved 270 Weatherby and holy cow I was impressed. Now for every rifle I own and for a couple of dozen buddies I load for hunting, it's all Hammers now for over three years. I have no idea now how many animals have been shot with them, but I'll say unequivocally there hasn't been a single failure yet. Hope this helps and I hope you enjoy your 270 Weatherby as much as I've enjoyed mine. Here's a pic of the old Combined Technology bullets and a pic of the old girl with her new tube.
As there are many good options, I'll elaborate on my experience. I bought my first 370 Weatherby 1987 or 88 and started loading for it in 1992. I shot more deer in those first 5 years than I can admit with factory 100gr partitions and not one ever took a step. It was topped with a Simmons 44mag scope and the furthest shot was in the 300 yd range (pre range finder time). In 1992 I started loading for it using Combined Technology Parton Golds in 150gr and loved them as a swapped the scope to a VX3 6.5-20 and bought my first rangefinder (Bushnell). Combined Technology bullets were discontinued and switched to 140gr Accubounds and had great success on elk (longest shot 690) double lung took 5 or 6 steps and was dead. Then in Texas, shooting a doe dead broadside on a feeder at 120 on video, perfect heart shot that exited straight up through her spine. For whatever reason, I considered that a bullet failure and immediately switched one to 130gr Barnes TSX. For several years with 100% successful results on deer and elk and loved them until I saw folks on this forum talking about Hammers and thought I'd give them a try with the hopes of squeezing a little more accuracy out of my beloved 270 Weatherby and holy cow I was impressed. Now for every rifle I own and for a couple of dozen buddies I load for hunting, it's all Hammers now for over three years. I have no idea now how many animals have been shot with them, but I'll say unequivocally there hasn't been a single failure yet. Hope this helps and I hope you enjoy your 270 Weatherby as much as I've enjoyed mine. Here's a pic of the old Combined Technology bullets and a pic of the old girl with her new tube.
Did you send your B into Weatherby for the barrel swap? I'm thinking my 270 B is about ready. I have stayed 3/4 inch for the last 35 years but last Oct I went to range and it just shot all over the target literally from one three round to the next. I have since scrubbed the barrel with brake cleaner and had a lot of carbon turn loose. Will give the rifle another go at the range and see if there is still life left in the barrel.

I am loading 124 HH in my plain jane 270 Win. Haven't shed any blood but my expectation is that they will be very very effective and fast and accurate to go along with the first part!!!

I will say that being from South East Texas, I have killed many hogs with many weapons. .223 62 gr soft point at about 150 yds out of a Rock River AR, earholed DRT, 300 BO suppressed with thermal, 6.5-284 130 AB with an illuminated Vortex Viper, so dark I couldn't see the hog in the scope until I turned on the illumination, game changer, and a whole bunch more. Hogs aren't really hard to kill with good rifles and bullets..
I also use a Rock River .223 as my ranch rifle. It has counted many pigs in the last ten years. For such a small caliber it does put them down with the 60 grain nosler