270win Fast Twist Reamer

duckhunter175

Does anyone have one made yet??

I know where the 270TH was made but not sure if it was a custom reamer or throat reamed.

Appreciate some direction if someone is aware of one or specd one out.

If there really isnt one around then Ill be game for sorting it out— planning on 270win with norma brass, 156HH and 170EOL (also have a plethora of 160 NPTs)- 1-7.5T barrel.

Thanks!

I know where the 270TH was made but not sure if it was a custom reamer or throat reamed.

If there really isnt one around then Ill be game for sorting it out— planning on 270win with norma brass, 156HH and 170EOL (also have a plethora of 160 NPTs)- 1-7.5T barrel.

Thanks!
Fast twist reamer?

Rem 700 LA Magazine max COAL 3.69. Committed to shoot 156HH so freebore was based on max magazine COAL to achieve 0.010 setback which resulted in 0.290 freebore. Preferred Barrel was given 2 dummy rounds with 156HH to set the setback and freebore. Barrel was SS Light Palma contour 1:8tw and 5R. They nailed it.

Thanks!
You can have a 270 SAAMI Reamer and the use a PTG Uni Throat to extend the Throat you want for FB for your bullet.
If you Special Order a reamer just for extra FB it will cost you. See what your GS has for Reamers and Throaters.
When we special order a Reamer we do it for a special Neck Diameter and FB, but not too long so we can use a Throater if needing longer FB. You can always go longer, but not shorter!

@FEENIX Should've clarified— for fast twist barrels and the associated long, heavy projectiles— a reamer throated specifically for those projectiles.

I know @Muddyboots had somewhere like .250-290" freebore on his 270TH project.
Yes! In case you did not know, I built my .270 AI (30" Lilja 3G 1:8") in 09/2012 to specifically to propel the 165/175 Matrix VLDs.

Last edited:
Rem 700 LA Magazine max COAL 3.69. Committed to shoot 156HH so freebore was based on max magazine COAL to achieve 0.010 setback which resulted in 0.290 freebore. Preferred Barrel was given 2 dummy rounds with 156HH to set the setback and freebore. Barrel was SS Light Palma contour 1:8tw and 5R. They nailed it.
what brass are you running?