270 wsm vld ?

Reloder 26 ,150vld. CCI BR2 primers. Work up to 68 grains.
Awesome velocity, Savage model16, 1:10 twist.

Here is the 140 gr load data from Berger.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 72
My favorite load for the 140 gr VLD is 69 gr Retumbo, Win. Brass, Fed. 215M primer. 3100 fps with ES of 8. Mine started life as a Rem.700 CDL SF. Was going to put new barrel on but I got lucky and the factory barrel shoots lights out(as seen on the target). Just got her back from getting cerakote done and bottom metal inletted.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 107
I really like retumbo and it my go to for the 270 WSM but I would also give R26 serious consideration, just have not worked with it in this case yet.

I have A Remington 700 sps stainless I just got have not put a round down run suppressed saker 7.62 leupold scope

I have a rem 700 and I am shooting 140 accubond which are pretty hard to beat in the 270 wsm. I'm using rem brass , 215m primer , 68 grn of RL26 . Velocity is 3190fps. Shot it out to 500 yards tonight and group was 3.3" which was great. I tried to upload the pic of group but doesn't work that great off of phone. I tried the 150 vld but seem to have better luck with the accubond . For the little gain the 150 has in BC the 140 make up the difference with the gained velocity.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 77
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.