270 wsm pet loads

I'm not sure about Rel 19 but I worked up to 66gr of reloader 22 with the 150 Bergers loaded .005 off the lands. They were screeming at about 3200 fps out a 27 inch lilja barrel. They grouped pretty good but the es and sd were all over the place. I'm going to be trying some Retumbo starting at about 68 grains this week to hopefully get the same speeds but more stable velocities. www.reloadersnest.com has some good info. Good luck.

RH

The throat in my rifle just won't handle the Bergers anymore but I loaded some 150 Ballistic tips yesterday at 68, 69 and 70 gr of Retumbo and accuracy was very good I had three groups that went about .750 and all at the same POI @ 100yrd. Couldn't run them over the crony due to wind and snow but I loaded a more extensive ladder test of 5 shots each at 69, 70 and 71 gr of Retumbo, this I'll shoot at 600yrd over the crony.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.